Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year Resolutions

I'm usually not the best at making New Year resolutions. I find just a couple of weeks into the new year I'm already going back to some of my old habits. We all know that old habits are hard to break, so try not to overwhelm yourself with too many resolutions for 2010. Make your resolutions simple and to the point. Write them down and keep them posted. Check your progress on a weekly basis and reevaluate if need be. Here are some of my resolutions for the new year. Feel free to share yours with me and let's make 2010 a great year!

1. Take more time for myself--time to exercise, breathe, listen to my favorite music, etc. Time to yourself can help reduce stress and increase happiness.
2. Worry less--learn to control the things I can and let the other stuff just happen.
3. Try not to eat in front of the television-- this is a habit that will be hard to break. My family and I like to snack after dinner sometimes and that usually happens while watching television. Eating mindlessly can result in too many extra calories. I will turn off the TV and truly enjoy my "portion controlled" snacks.
4. Try a new exercise routine-sometimes we can get stuck in an exercise rut and it's nice to shake things up a bit. I'm thinking of taking up swimming!

I'll let you know how I'm doing and I hope you keep me updated as well.

Keep your eyes open for the Live Well "Lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks in 2010" contest coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope Danielson
Health & Wellness Advisor
Niemann Foods

No comments: