Looking for ways to keep your holidays stress free this season? Try these tips:
1. Get moving. Daily exercise can help release tension and decrease anxiety. A little sweat can also help remove impurities from your body. Aim for 20-30 minutes of brisk exercise per day.
2. When looking for comfort foods stay away from sugary and starchy foods. Try pistachios. They have been shown to lower cholesterol, which can help improve cardiovascular health.
3. Try a cup of tea with honey. We all know that tea is heart healthy due to all the antioxidants, but honey actually has antibacterial properties which help improve immunity.
4. Say no more often. It is easy to get overwhelmed with shopping, cooking, wrapping, etc. Learn to put yourself first sometimes. It's okay to do a little bit less.
5. Make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night
6. Find something that makes you laugh. Laughing has been shown to reduce stress hormones.
7. Get outside. Sunshine helps stimulate the production of serotonin, the feel-good chemical in our brains.
Health & Wellness Advisor