Healthy Game Day Party Pleasers
1. Order a vegetable pizza. Ask for a little less cheese and a variety of your favorite vegetables.
2. Drink 100% juice mixed with club soda or your favorite flavored water.
3. Pop some healthy microwave popcorn
4. Use whole grain tortilla chips with your favorite salsa
5. Prepare your favorite dips with light or fat-free mayonnaise and sour cream
6. Munch on pretzels instead of potato chips
7. Try a vegetarian version of chili
8. Grill up some chicken skewers and serve with your favorite hot sauce
9. Have some healthy nuts to serve such as almonds or walnuts. Just be sure to watch your portion size. ¼ cup is plenty
10. Take a brisk walk at halftime
11. Order a fruit or vegetable platter from your favorite grocer
BUSH'S® Best Black Bean SoupSubmitted by: BUSH'S® Beans Serves: 6Hands-OnTime: 5 MinutesCooking Time: 15 MinutesTotal Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients:2 (15 ounce) cans BUSH'S® BEST BlackBeans, undrained1 (16 ounce) can reduced sodium chicken broth1/2 cup salsa1 tablespoon chili powder Shredded cheese (optional)Sour cream (optional)Chopped onion (optional)Cilantro (optional)
Directions:1. Mash one can of beans with potato masher or food processor. Pour both cans of beans into medium saucepan. Add chicken broth, salsa, and chili powder. Bring to a boil. If desired top with shredded cheese, sour cream, onion, and cilantro.
Nutrition Info (per serving)Calories 135 (10% from fat) | Fat 1.7g (sat 0.5g) | Cholesterol 2mg | Carbohydrate 24.6g | Fiber 8.4g | Protein 9.5g