I just finished up doing a kids cooking class this morning and it was great. We made Parmesan pork chops; green beans with garlic and grape tomatoes; and parmesan corn on the cob. I wanted to share the recipes with you since they were so tasty.
Green beans With Garlic and Tomatoes
1 pound of fresh green beans, cleaned and ends removed
1 pint of grape tomatoes
2 cloves of chopped garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup water
1tbsp. balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
1. Sauté green beans in a tsp. of olive oil until seared.
2. Add a l/2 cup of water and steam for 3-4 minutes.
3. Move the beans to the side of the pan and add a pint of grape tomatoes along with two chopped garlic cloves.
4. Add 1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar and cook for 3 minutes or until beans are tender and tomatoes start to burst.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
Parmesan Corn on the Cob
4 hot cooked ears corn on the cob
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
4 fresh lime wedges
1. Spread corn evenly with butter.
2. Sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp. of the cheese.
3. Serve each with a lime wedge to squeeze over the corn.
Parmesan Pork Chops
1/2 cup of egg substitute
1 cup panko Italian flavored bread crumbs
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 (1/2inch-3/4inch thick) center-cut pork loin chops (10-12 ounces) each
salt and pepper
6 tbsp. of olive oil
1. Place egg substitute in pie plate
2. Place bread crumbs in another pie plate.
3. Place the cheese in a third pie plate.
4. Sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper.
5. Coat the chops completely with the cheese.
6. Dip the chops into the eggs and then coat with bread crumbs, patting to adhere.
7. Heat 3 tbsp. of olive oil in 2 large, heavy skillets over medium heat. Add 2 pork chops to each skillet and cook until golden brown and just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plates and serve with lemon slices
Health & Wellness Advisor