With summer just around the corner and a lot of us planning vacations, I thought I would offer some tips on how to ward off weight gain while on vacation.
1. Make sure to cut down on your calorie intake a few days before you leave and when you get back. This will help you get back on track.
2. Try to stay active during your trip. Hike, sightsee, bike, swim, play sports, etc.
3. Plan your indulgences. If you know you want to have a high calorie treat at dinner then make sure you eat a healthy breakfast and lunch.
4. Stay hydrated. Sometimes we can confuse thirst for hunger so it's important to keep our bodies hydrated. Water and green tea are great.
5. If you overdo it just make sure to get back on track with your next meal. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
6. If you make healthy choices and indulge occasionally you shouldn't gain much at all.
Health & Wellness Advisor