Looking for some nutritional superheroes to add to our diet? Try these superfoods to not only help you slim down but to keep your body healthy.
1. Walnuts--Great source of Omega 3 fat. Keeps your heart healthy and your brain in tip-top shape.
2. Mushrooms--Great source of phytochemicals which help prevent cancer. Any variety is good!
3. Kiwi--Super high in vitamin C. Can help lower cancer, keep your heart healthy, improve eyesight and keep wrinkles less noticeable.
4. Red Beans-Great source of fiber and phytochemicals. Can help protect against cancer and heart disease. The extra fiber can fill you up without filling you out.
5. Watermelon;;Contains more than twice the lycopene of a fresh tomato. Can help reduce your risk for heart disease and certain cancers.
6. Pumpkinseeds-Can elevate your mood, improve your immune system and strengthen your bones.
7. Swiss Chard-Helps fight Alzheimer's and protect your brain.
8. Raspberries-Can help prevent cancer, increase bone-mineral density, and keep your heart healthy. A great source of fiber too!
Resource: Health Magazine
Health & Wellness Advisor